After months of speculation over how much effort Mitt Romney will put into participating in the Iowa caucus, the answer appears to lie elsewhere.
- Romney is in New Hampshire; however, regardless of where Romney spends his time over the next few days, a steady and continuing increase in interest in the polices and ideas of Dr. Paul has sparked a reawakening of patriotism and pride in the nation's original concepts. State Senator Kent Sorenson, state campaign chairman for Ms. Bachmann, quit her efforts to join with the advocates for Dr. Paul when he announced his support for the Texas gentlemen at an evening rally. Dr. Ron Paul remains the only candidate to have followed the same convictions and principles through out his career.
- To say Romney is "all in" in Iowa suggests a desperate attempt to sway the state. Likewise, Gingrich, whose campaign promises and concepts change depending on who he talks to, is now fading dramatically in the prediction markets and Yahoo's Signal, where he was never the front runner. The Real Clear Politics Involved seem to revolve around replenishing his war chest and worrying that a bad loss may be financially devastating.
- Perry has shifted, once again, to an extreme position on abortion; he now states that abortion is not justified even in cases concerning rape, incest, or death of the pregnant mother. His campaign is directed at any psychological positions which might get traction in Iowa, where social engineering may sway conservatives who dominate the caucuses, but there's no question that his positions will change with his appeal outside Iowa to the general electorate, if he gets through Iowa.
- Gambling is about demonstrating confidence in potential wins and losses. Romney is making an investment with a potential upside and huge potential cost. For Gingrich and Perry a poor showing in Iowa followed by a beating in New Hampshire would leave both limping and bleeding heading into South Carolina; they have serious costs if their bets do not succeed.
- Dr. Paul does not believe in gambling with the Nation's Future. He is not concerned with upside, downside, showing, or potential. He is very concerned with actions based on concepts which will bring the Citizens of America back on to their feet in support of freedom, liberty, rights and prosperity for all.